View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
BlueMonkey
Evangelist
BlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it is

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Nexus S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Credit for noticing this app goes to Blue Monkey. Thanks.
Thx as well for the credit

Quote:
The app store listing says that the txtr store has more than 20k( with about 7800 in English) in Epub encumbered by Adobe DRM. I looked at the store briefly, and it appears that the 20k figure is not inflated by including public domain works. You can download Epub bought at the txtr store from your Itouch or iPhone.
They offer lots of free content via Gutenberg, Munseys and Manualsmania in their public domain section - also some content from MobileRead (uploaded by mtravellerh and netseeker as far as I know).

Documents can be uploaded and arranged in collections (which again are shareable via RSS). Also you can subscribe external RSS-Feeds into such a collection (which offers vast opportunites...for example see the "Gratis eBooks via txtr.com" corner in the sidebar of my blog - this is the RSS-Feed of a txtr.com collection turned into a link list via google reader, so I can recommend free eBooks easily to my readers).

Quote:
But, there might be a problem. According to the one review in the App Store, the txtr for iPhone can't read DRMed Epub yet. Can anyone confirm this?
In their official blog (German) they have pointed out that at the moment only DRMed EPUBs and PDFs bought from their own store work right away with the app. For DRMed content from other sources you seem to need a little work around which they promised to explain as soon as possible. I will forward and translate this here as soon as they publish the instructions.

P.S.: Their not called Wizpac anymore - official name is now only txtr. The name was originaly merged from "Wizard" and "Bookpack". But they didn't like the meaning of "to wizz" when they found out about it

Last edited by BlueMonkey; 12-10-2009 at 01:34 PM.
BlueMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote