View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Ok, I have tried all the ways to do this but I cannot get it to work. The problem is that when I extract the zip files, they always save as a file associated with a particular program I have installed on my pc - even programmes like photoshop! This happens as soon as I use an extractor, even though the files are .bin files, their icon changes to whichever programme it gets associated with.

This also means that when I go into settings, the 'update your kindle' is greyed out so I cant select it.

I am so sick of seeing dead people on the kindle! I reckon amazon went through the list of worst possible pictures and loaded them onto the kindle.

Well, I have made progress, I was able to update the kindle so I presume the first patch worked. Now, I have put those other porgrams on the kindle, but where exactly should they go? Into the hidden systems folder or just on drive F (as my PC calls my kindle)
It does not matter what program Windows associates with a .bin file. The file itself isn't changed, so you can go ahead and copy it to the Kindle.

The .bin file goes in the "root" of the Kindle filesystem (drive F in your case).

You may want to wait until daffy4u adds a international page to the Visual Kindle Guide, see Screensaver Hack for International K2?.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote