Thread: iLiad Fixing iPdf for iRex
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I'm looking forward to seeing a news IPDF6 or something like it with a nice package done by Yokos...so that all the noobs like me can safely install it on 2.8...:-)
I'm investigating 2.8, they made some seriously incompatible changes in 2.8 that don't easily go back to 2.7 just by installing ipdf. They placed the scribble support into a shared library and appear to have updated all of the liber libraries in 2.8. So there's a fair number of files that have to be updated on 2.7 to install the 2.8 ipdf on it.

I have extensive customizations to my 2.7 but I'm thinking I'll have to upgrade to 2.8 so I can continue producing items of use to the mainstream. I'm also curious to see if they patched any of the kernel annoyances in 2.8.

Their lack of recognition of the legitimate need to serious debugging support is very tiresome. My kernel development would move much more rapidly if they'd get off their high horse. Their continued intransigence on releasing their grip on other people's software is getting old as well. Why do we have to install dillio? Why can't we just unlock minimo?

I'd like to release RTF support along with Graphic Novel support but iRex continues to be the bottle neck to those efforts as well.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote