View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #14
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Mobipocket Reader is no longer available for download from the official site. However, you can download it from archive.org.

However, it doesn't do a better job than calibre with your book. In particular it won't create a working TOC.

Try activating all Heuristic processing options in Calibre, before converting the the .pdf file. For best results, I'd recommend to convert the .pdf file to an .epub file first. This'll allow you to fix conversion bugs in Sigil.
If you're not picky about the messed up non-working original PDF TOC, all you have to do is generate a new HTML TOC in Sigil and convert the book with Calibre or Kindle Previewer/KindleGen.
Doits:

If he simply opens the resulting HTML in an html editor, and marks the entries, it will, in fact, create a working HTML TOC for him. I remember this well--I started out on old MBPC, 5+ years ago. He should, I'd suspect, get the PDF into (either) HTML or Word, first, from Calibre; mark the headings in Word, say, and then feed it to MBPC.

I mean, nothing is going to automagically make his entire, working, perfect MOBI file for him, not without a little elbow grease. We do this all day long, and there's a reason that people pay money to have PDF's turned into properly-made, functioning mobi files. It's work. {shrug}.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote