View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #574
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Well - I simply don't know if the user partition is important or not on demo Kindles. I also doubt it, but you never know. Making a backup of the full disk image is simply the most conservative (literally!) option, because it's a bit-identical copy...
The user partition of K4 demo contains lot of interesting stuff (demo books etc.)
I doubt the demo mode would work without it.
I could be wrong, but I think what ixtab meant (and what I meant) was that partition itself, the boot sector, the directory structure, etc. may not be important, but all the contents definitely are.

Rather than totally derail the thread, we'll pursue this via email and PM. If we decide that the final results are of interest, we'll post them later.

SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote