View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #21887
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'M MAD AS HELL AND .... AND ... AND AS SOON AS I GET SOME FEELING BACK INTO MY LIPS, I'M GOING TO YELL ABOUT IT!

So .... I went to get a root canal today ... after eating through straws for 3 days. And munching Vicodin like M&M's.
And ... I endure the repeated X-Rays, the testing with hot & cold that makes you cry like a baby, and the "hundreds" of needle sticks that finally numbs the entire right side of my head ... and the dental dam that suffocates you because the Novocaine has collapsed your nostril!
And ... the drilling begins ... I settle back for 2 hours of fun ... and suddenly the drilling stops ... and I hear the dentist say "Oh dear - I'm not going to be able to save this one."

It seems there was a fracture in one of the largest roots hidden by the old amalgam filling - that couldn't be sealed - literally splitting the tooth in half - no wonder I've been in excruciating pain!

So ... I'm sent home with half my face feeling the size of a basketball, a temporary filling, prescriptions for more Vicodin and antibiotics, and an appointment tomorrow with an oral surgeon to plan the removal of the molar! With instructions "Not to chew" until the tooth is out.

The nurse whispers "Better get some ibuprofen into you as soon as possible" as I leave. Have you ever tried to swallow 4 pills with water when there is absolutely no feeling in your tongue or in over 3/4 of your mouth? Or tell the pharmacist your date of birth without drooling on the counter?

*snivel*

I have consumed another cup of soup, 4 more ibuprofen, 2 amoxicillin capsules - and a Guinness!

I HATE TEETH!
Oh No! Not good!

Hope they get it taken care of tomorrow.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote