View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #9
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
What's wrong with the resolution? It's about what I'm using on my 12" laptop.
Your 12" laptop also has pretty white whites and pretty black blacks, and the ability to smooth fonts without rendering them weak and almost unreadable. EPDs like E-Ink have no such advantage.

If they can jack up their resolution to approach print, they can probably get by with their weak contrast. If not, they need more contrast to compensate.

The main reason I dislike E-Ink is not speed or color, but basic black and white contrast and readability. It's just not good enough yet.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote