Thread: PRS-650 Good old Sony reader!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 AM   #15
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
One reason for staying with a X50 reader (at least that's MY reason) is PRS+

In future versions (yes, it's still under development) improvements like this are to be awaited:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-9_1.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	93724

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-9_2.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	93725

And hopefully user-dic's...
I use the new layout-dialogue in my Zork-edition so there is little reason to change my reader.
New screen resolution of Paperwhite in comparison with Sony:

6" reader from Sony: 166ppi
5" reader from Sony: 200ppi
6" reader Paperwhite: 213ppi

213ppi is noticably better than 166ppi, the typical resolution of todays 6" readers. But in hinsight of the PRS350 I see no huge improvement. So yes: 'good old Sony'...
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote