View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #115
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
BWinmill
It depends upon how you're using the device. If you're using it for content consumptions, such as reading or watching videos, then a pure tablet makes sense since it is more comfortable to hold. If you are mostly entering data, ranging from casual emails to programming, then an ultrabook makes more sense. Yet what of the people who are doing both? The ability to add or remove the keyboard is a benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Of course, when you can remove the keyboard it is much more convenient to hold when reading papers and magazines. Or watching videos, or taking notes on the screen. Ever tried browsing on the sofa with a laptop? So a PC with a removable/add-on keyboard is the best of both worlds. And you only need one device, instead of a tablet and a PC.
First off, I have always disagreed with the notion of watching videos while holding a tablet for any length of time. I guess if you have to do it while standing on a train that might the only way but it isn't what I think of as useful or entertaining. Normally though you prop the tablet on something. Not that it is a matter of weight, but who holds their arm in a funny position for longer than 10 minutes or so anyway.
Propping on your lap or the arm of a chair is probably the best position.

A tablet is good for carrying around a minimum gadget that you can read easily and enter some of data on if necessary. My tablet or Kindle I can carry in a large pocket easily.

A netbook may be nearly as small as a tablet, but you have that keyboard and can enter a lot of data. I carry one most everywhere but I carry it in my bag usually, not my pocket. Also for typing, I have found a 11" is the practical minimum I want.

A tablet and a keyboard addition where the keyboard can expand out is the synergy of both worlds. You can leave the keyboard in the bag and minimize what is in your pockets.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote