Thread: Recaps
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Okay.. so say a book is released once a year or os. Say you put the recap in for your readers because of that year break.. in a few years, does that recap become pointless because there will no longer be a time gap between releases?
I think so, yes. If not completely, at least significantly. I guess there may be some readers that leave a long gap between books even when they are all available, but I'd guess that is much less common. Watch the epic: "What are we reading?" thread in the reading recommendations subforums; most readers follow a series (even a series of unconnected books like Agatha Christie), with rarely more than a few books break (if that) between books of the same series.

ETA: Whereas with the enforced break of a year, waiting for the next to be published, a reader may have gone through a hundred books or more (many of a similar genre), and so really need that reminder.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote