View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #7
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
The regular Windows tools won't cut it in this case, unless you find something that can read ext2 filesystem images (Google has many promising hits).

I think the simplest way to mount the image would be on the Reader itself: Copy the image file (mmcblk2p10.img in my case) into the root directory of your internal SD card (READER partition), and make sure the Reader has access to the SD card (and is not in USB drive mode). Then log into the reader and conjure:
Code:
cd /sdcard/
mkdir -p mnt
mount -o loop mmcblk2p10.img /sdcard/mnt
cp mnt/framework/framework-res.apk .
umount /sdcard/mnt
Then copy the resulting framework-res.apk file to /system/framework/framework-res.apk using your favorite method (e.g., using Root Explorer, remounting /system as r/w, etc.). Using the shell, it would look like this:
Code:
cd /sdcard/
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk2p10 /system
cp framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mmcblk2p10 /system
Beware of typos, I haven't actually tested this last bunch of commands as I'm quite happy with my framework-res.apk, thank you very much.

(Sorry, I personally will not upload copyright-protected material as a matter of principle.)

Last edited by altruizine; 09-03-2012 at 05:21 AM.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote