View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Ahh that's funny. I love the line about Mossberg. He does tend to go overboard fawning over the latest from Cupertino.

Being a Mac fan I'm sure lots of people will deride the Mac Mini's lack of any peripherals. I was surprised it didn't at least come with a mouse and keyboard. I think the Mac Mini though is aimed squarely at long time Windows users who already have some old equipment laying around. Maybe that's a skewed point of view coming from someone who builds their machines but I can imagine lots of people who already have a spare keyboard and mouse from their last upgrade. For those people they would finally be able to pick up a Mac relatively cheap and see if it's for them. Whether they have a spare CRT laying about however is probably a better question.

I'm not the first person to suggest it but I would guess these two new products (the other being the iPod Shuffle) are intended to try and get people in the door with the hopes they'll upgrade to a G5 and a 60GB iPod Photo someday. My inclination is to say it won't work but then I've been wrong about Steve before. We'll see if they can pull it off.