View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Part of the definition of contract is 'meeting of minds', as evidenced by two signatures. There's usually room for negotiation, unless the other side is very large. I sent back my last contract, unsigned, with some clauses rewritten, then sat back and waited; they eventually agreed. They may want you to give up some (or all) of that 'small amount of money' if you want to retain some (or all) rights to your own work. My work contract pretty well gives up all my rights to the programs I write because they are 'works for hire' -- but then again, I get enough money to live off of just that one job. It does come down to what you think your work is worth, now and in the future. You might check out the Creative Commons licenses, and try to suggest on of them to the company, but that might be way off base.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote