View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #24
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieperry View Post
From Fictionwise Terms and Conditions
Quote:
Important Notice: eBooks cannot be printed, copied, or "loaned" to others due to copyright laws.
Actually, there is nothing in copyright law that says you can't loan it to others and there are many ways that printing and copying may be permitted under fair use. Also, as has been discussed on here multiple times, terms and conditions are not the same thing as laws. There are many conditions that companies state in their terms which are not enforceable.

Just because Fictionwise claims you can't sell/loan them, doesn't mean it's true. That's what I meant with my previous post. The retailers want you to think you can't, and put conditions in their terms stating that. But that is still a long way from being legally enforceable. I don't believe there is an actual law that makes the selling/lending of an eBook illegal.

To put it bluntly, the retailer is lying.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote