View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #152
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Take an Evelyn Wood reading course. http://www.ewrd.com/ewrd/index.asp, or search for an e-book on speed-reading.

Speed-reading is a skill that is easily practiced, and it works very well. I used a book years ago, practiced for a couple of weeks, and got my rate up to 1100 wpm on newspaper material with excellent comprehension.

It's a skill that serves one particularly well in higher education - should be mandatory for students, IMHO.
Thanks EldRick! I do know about SpeedReading and I have read 3/4 of a book on SpeedReading by Tony Buzan... and I have tried to practice but I don't seem to get the hang of it. Every time I "slide" my eyes over a line to practice picking up multiple words I just start thinking about something completely different and forget to try and absorb the words.

I haven't heard of Evelyn Wood though, I'll check it out, thanks!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote