View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #85
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
In fact, as far as I know, only Amazon has terms that specifically allow them to remove stuff from your reader after you've already downloaded it. There's a reason they've included that, namely, they demonstrated the ability to do so by doing so a few years back, and if they have the ability, they are required to do so under certain circumstances, so the terms need to address it.
I just read the terms, and couldn't find that in there anywhere. I know the case you're talking about, and I believe that the terms were changed after that. The closest I can find to what you are alluding to is this:

Quote:
Termination. Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any term of this Agreement. In case of such termination, you must cease all use of the Kindle Store and the Kindle Content, and Amazon may immediately revoke your access to the Kindle Store and the Kindle Content without refund of any fees. Amazon's failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any of its rights.
What they're saying is that if you break your contract with them (violate the terms of service in any way) then they will close your account, and you will lose access to the books that are stored in the cloud. Smashwords and Barnes and Noble have similar provisions in their terms of service.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote