View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illudrium View Post
If display size is an issue, couldn't I just use K2pdfopt to format it to size?
Quite possibly. The main problem fiddling with the settings was the fixed line-length, which is why I ended up in landscape mode. This is presumably what K2pdfopt re-optimises (how good a job it does, you'll have to find out for yourself).

All of which reminds me why I avoided pdfs like the plague, when I moved to an eReader. What few I can't avoid I read on my (pivoted-to-portrait for the task) 23" monitor.

But, having gone through this reprocessing, it isn't clear what particular advantage an HD 6" has over a non-HD 6" for pdfs, beyond the fact that it yields slightly clearer/more-readable any text (regardless of whether its pdf, epub, lit or whatever).

Last edited by Hrafn; 09-08-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: dupl
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote