View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
Catsnkites
Connoisseur
Catsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Libre
Thinking of a Color, need advice

I have a Nook Classic ... hubby loves it and wanted to get me a Color and let him have the Classic ... I chose to stay with the Classic and thought the issue was dead. We were at an event and the gal next to us had a Samsung Galaxy tablet ... hubby was enthralled ... hopefully with the tablet not the gal

Anyway, we are cheapskates ... neither of us want a tablet that we have to pay a monthly fee for, wifi-only is just fine. So.... I suggested HE get a Nook Color.

I've investigated other smallish tablets and it seems that they can't do flash, have older Android OS, can't switch from landscape to portrait ... that sort of thing.

I don't want to pay more than the Nook Color, so that puts our limit at $250.00.

As it comes out of the box, is it an Android Tablet? Able to use all the Android apps out there? Surf the 'net and play any video on the websites? Check e-mail, google, read Nook Books, get the Kindle app and read Kindle books?

Or, in order to do all of the above, I'd need to root it ... and then it will?

What do I lose by rooting? anything? Warranty?

What about storage capacity? I know it has 8GB on board and can expand with SD cards ... anyone running out of room? He is not a huge reader, so it'd be apps and data and some books.

Those who have non-Nook tablets, anything else I should look at?

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and hopefully offering advice!

Susie
Olathe, KS

And PS, how come my thread titles aren't in Bold like everyone else's?

Last edited by Catsnkites; 03-29-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Catsnkites is offline   Reply With Quote