View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #47
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I only have about 1500 ebooks so far, but I'm pretty careful about adding what I will have a pretty good interest in reading. So for me, the answer would be no, and doubly so if they were paid for, even $.99 books. I keep all my books on my PC though and only load about 100 or so on my reader at a time now. . . .

Otherwise, depending on how long you live, you might run into the free time to actually read those titles and they may interest you again.
I have about 2600 ebooks in my TBR pile. I find I am constantly adding to the pile, even though I tell myself to stop.

Like Ripplinger, however, I keep the books on my PC and backed up to other media for security. I keep about 300 books on my Nook. After I have read and removed a few dozen of the books, I add some from the TBR pile.

It is unlikely that I will live long enough to read all of the books, but what I have learned is that I need to give every book a try because there is no telling in advance which is the gem among the trash. My experience has been that for every really well-written, captivating book in my TBR pile, there are a dozen that should be burned at the stake as insults to intelligence.

As for the books I have bought from B&N, my habit is to archive those I have read for at least a year and then review them to see whether I should permanently deltee them from the online storage (I will still have a local copy).

Something else I should note. I have also found that when I do read a book from the TBR pile and I discover that I really like the author's style, I go out and purchase other books by the author and read them immediately. This slows down my efforts to reduce the TBR pile.

So to answer Don's question, no, I won't be doing any wholesale pruning and I will keep buying ebooks and adding them to my TBR.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote