Thread: Laptop Choices
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
RHWright
Addict
RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST, Nexus 7
Laptop Choices

Not really about ereading, but since technical knowledge and advice on them has always been pretty good on those, I figured I'd throw this out there.

Time for a new laptop.

Narrowed down my choices based on my budget and moderate technical understanding, but need some advise on final selection. Mostly comes down to the limits of my hardware knowledge and brand experience.

Looking at a Samsung w/ AMD E2-1800 @1.7Ghz
& a Lenovo w/ Pentium B980 @2.4Ghz

Using for writing (OpenOffice), internet, ebook management (of course), iTunes, maybe some mindless Lego games. Will be running Windows 8 (what the hell).

Prices are the same and most specs are comparable, but this is the main one I don't understand. Also, never used either brand, so how is the quality/support on that end?

Opinions?
RHWright is offline   Reply With Quote