View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelra View Post
Thanks for the effort mimico.

The characters are Hebrew, the text is right aligned but...
The characters are displayed left to right so there is not even single readable word

I hope the Kobo developers will solve this issue. Currently the device is useless for me.

I took at look at the ebook you attached and it makes much use of directives which are not used by Adobe's mobile reader software. So for the fun of it, I did some modification to the ebook to remove the fonts from the ebook, remove the fixed font sizes and to add the cover property directive. After this, I renamed the book to end in .kepub.epub instead of .epub. I renamed the font files to put a space between DejaVu and Sans as required to for Kobo's font file naming conventions and copied them to the fonts directory on the Kobo. This would trigger the Kobo into using Kobo's EPUB3 renderer instead of the Adobe Mobile Reader EPUB2 renderer.

After this, it looked better to me, the TOC and headers used a Hebrew font instead of showing boxes and the lines of text ran in the opposite direction to what I saw on my computer using Adobe Digital Editions.

I've attached a couple of images of the screen -- could you let me know if the ebook is displaying properly. My apologies for the quality of the images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page.JPG
Views:	982
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	103333   Click image for larger version

Name:	title.JPG
Views:	623
Size:	446.3 KB
ID:	103334   Click image for larger version

Name:	toc.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	410.6 KB
ID:	103335  

Last edited by DNSB; 03-22-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: fat fingers commit typos...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote