View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #89
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse83 View Post
Yeah it sucks big time that we can't jailbreak 5.3.0 at the moment. But you guys are using it to remove special offers.
I think you're speaking a bit too generally here. There's not even SO over here in Germany (well, there is for the Fires, but not the e-ink models). I'm simply jailbreaking it because Amazon is refusing to sell me an open platform. That aside, I think the amount of cheapskates buying a Kindle with SO and then coming here to remove them is not that big. Certainly not big enough to justify actions against jailbreaks from the numbers alone.

The number of hackers who really work with it as an open device is pretty small, however. To be honest, I expected it to be bigger, and I expected much more potential, given the large number of devices out there.

I'm still expecting my PW to be delivered, and since I learned about this FW update, I lost a lot of motivation to keep it. Will probably make a good price on ebay if I decide to let it go and stay with my K3...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote