View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Since you mentioned in the other thread that you're using Moon+, have you had any problems with Moon+ not reporting itself as an epub or mobi reader? I have the paid Pro version, and it shows up as a pdf reader option in CC, but won't answer calls for other formats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I too have the paid version and have no trouble using it as a ePub reader via CC.

I stopped importing anything into Moon+ and use CC to open all my books with Moon+….
I haven't had any problems with various formats in Calibre Companion or Moon+ Reader Pro paid version. I too manage and open books from Calibre Companion, using these settings in "Book Formats and Folders": Default folder: /storage/sdcard()/Calibre_Companion/. Checked: epub (default folder), pdf (default folder).

My settings in calibre Preferences -> Device Interface plugins -> Android Driver -> Select available formats and their order for this device: Checked: epub, pdf. This plugin is disabled, but even disabled I wonder if it still may have something to do with your problem (?). In Calibre Companion I use Connect as Wireless Device, in which case (I assume) Calibre Companion uses the Device Interface plugin SmartDevice App Interface, which doesn't list available formats for device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Since this is turning into an unintentional thread hijack, I'll post this over in the devices subforum.
I didn't consider it a hijack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm a little confused, I suspect that you make some other app the default for ePub. When you open a ePub from CC does it open in any other app? If so you need to clear the defaults of that app….
If the formats you send (EPUB, MOBI) show up in CC on device, it's got to be a problem on the device end…. I looked in Moon+ Reader Pro but didn't see any settings that might limit the formats it deals with. I'm too new to Android to even know how to specify which app deals with which file extension (as suggested by DoctorOhh). Didn't see a way to do that in Settings -> Apps. But maybe Clearing data and cache for all the other reading apps on the device will help. For all my reading apps on device, in Settings -> Apps, Launch by Default has no defaults set.

Last edited by unboggling; 10-07-2012 at 09:20 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote