Thread: Touch referencing fonts
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
referencing fonts

Greetings to the community!

I have a Kobo Touch and would like to make my own epubs for private use. These epubs would contain Japanese and Tibetan. I copied suitable fonts already into the fonts folder and they are available for manual selection. I would, however, like to reference them in the epubs. In this way one could for instance make them both available at the same time in one book. Based on discussions on how to achieve this with the Sony reader, I tried to reference the fonts in the css in this way:

@font-face {
font-family: 'Tibetan Machine Uni', serif, sans-serif;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: normal;
src: url('TibMachUni-1.901b.ttf');
}

p {
font-family: 'Tibetan Machine Uni';
}

and in the content.opf in this way:

<manifest>
<item id="font1" href="TibMachUni-1.901b.ttf" media-type="application/octet-stream" />
</manifest>

This, however, had no effect on the appearance of the book at all. I also tried to specify the path of the scr: url command in various ways. The only result was that with one variant starting with src: url("res:/// - I cannot recall the rest - the reader made a restart whenever I launched the book.
Just to clarify, I would rather not like to embed the fonts in each end every epub.

Could anybody please hint me in the right direction on how to reference fonts in the correct way?

Thank you in advance,
Tshering
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote