View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Well, it took a while to get an answer, but it finally came in. Nothing really interesting, as you can see below, it seems the agency model will be the panacea, the final answer to all our woes. As the model is not yet in place, it is obviously difficult to argue. I find the mention of "greed" quite interesting, as I had certainly not used the word myself and had been very careful in my wording. It would seem McMillan realises it is projecting a certain image these days... Still, I would give them kuddos for taking the time to respond.

"Dear Mr. XXX,

Please forgive the delay in responding to you.

Thank you for taking the time to write to Macmillan to express your concern about our e-book pricing. We appreciate hearing the point of view of our readers.

The change we are making to the pricing of our e-books is being done to enable us to continue to publish the range and quality of the books we offer both in print and as e-books. I assure you that we were not motivated by greed. We will actually be earning less money for each e-book sold under our new terms.

Beginning in mid-March you will find our e-books at a variety of price points with many at or below $9.99 and some above. The e-book market is still evolving and will continue to change over the coming months and years and we will change with it. Our goal is to offer great books at a fair price to our customers for all versions of our publications.

We respect whatever purchasing choices you make in the future and if you do purchase a title published by us, hope you find it enjoyable and feel it is fairly priced.

Sincerely,

Alison M. Lazarus
President, Sales Division
Macmillan"
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote