View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #117
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Actually, it isn't even close to correct for the intended goal.

Try the command:
man convert

Also note:
Your find command can return a list of found files and convert does not take a list of input files ;

There isn't such an option as "-resize" the closest option is "-size" ;

This is Linux, which does not determine file types by extension ;

Just changing the extension does not change the format the image data is recorded in (although it might well screw-up any Windows program accessing the images in that user storage area).

Your command does not specify the output format of 'png' for the output file, so the output file is still recorded in 'jpg' format ;

The man(ual) command for convert can tell you all about the above.
If you don't have a Linux install with the manuals installed, well, Google knows "man <whatever>"

- - - -

I do agree with one of your statements: You didn't test this.
Sorry, I was just thinking, I formated the command wrong.... So shoot me . Well this way won't work anyways so I'm out of ideas.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote