View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #76
ould
Zealot
ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ould ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
First off thanks to mgmueller for the comprehensive list of devices and their inherent usefulness or lack thereof.

I currently have an older Sony PRS-500. Which I love and use daily on my commute and before bed and whenever else I can squeeze in reading time. Now, while I really enjoy my Sony reader it is far from perfect and I have a few questions on some of the other units.

1. I don't keep too many books on my reader at any given time but I usually have between 20-40 mainly due to lack of proper organization. With the Sony it can sort by author, title or collection. I do use collections for Series so I like that feature but I really wish there were more options to search/sort. Genre, author, read/unread/partially read, length, year etc. Do any of the devices offer this type of support for organizing your collection? I guess it would need to be database driven for this type of organizing. I am probably asking way too much here. But even just to know which books I haven't yet read quickly would be nice.

2. I always liked being able to pick a book from a pile and reads the short description on the back/inside jack. Do any of the readers support this? I know calibre pulls this data when entering in the metadata but as far as I can tell my Sony doesn't make use of this unless I am missing a menu item, which is entirely possible.

3. Being able to delete a book from the reader when finished? I know there is a hack for this for the Sony but I remember reading not to use it if you use collections.

Those are really currently my only shortcomings of my Sony and I am likely just being picky here but now that I know I enjoy the ebook reading lifestyle I could see picking up a newer unit as I originally bought the Sony due to it being cheap as it was used and an older model. I didn't want to drop $300+ on 505 at the time only to find out I didn't like it.

Thanks,

Kevin
ould is offline   Reply With Quote