View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
It's got a lot of info on the Amazon page for "Ematic 7 TFT Color eBook Reader - Black".
Ah.

Although clear as mud, I'm getting the impression from the Amazon customer reviews (plus the first link in my last post) that this reader cannot be used for encrypted books.

There are a couple ways around this.

One is to just limit yourself to books that aren't encrypted. Mostly these will be either public domain (published before 1923 in the US, rules vary by country) or other than published by a large publishing house. As JSWolf just mentioned (last phrase an edit), Mobileread has many unencrypted ePUB books that are public domain, mostly legal in the US, and all AFAIK legal in Canada.

Another tactic is to get free software (from another web site people will allude to on this board but can't quite name) that can decrypt books. While I don't totally like this idea, as it can be a first step to book piracy, a great many scrupulously honest people do it.

Web sites I can name and should be checked out include:

http://www.calibre-ebook.com/

http://longform.org/

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 01-08-2013 at 11:07 PM.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote