View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
My concerns really are that the v3 was released 2 years ago, where as the v5 released this year has faster processor and newer display controller - which I believe allows for partial screen update eg: of the menu, rather than an entire screen refresh when bringing up the menu on the v3.
I have not seen any practical advantage of the Epson (V5) over the Apollo (V3) controller, with the exception of the number of gray levels. This may be because all vendors started out with the Apollo, so they have not taken full advantage of the Epson. As Lo Zeno points out, the Apollo can do partial screen updates (the Epson can in principle do several simultaneously).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote