View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #53
ereadingdotcom
CEO, Ereading.com
ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I think what cromag and Chi want is the ideal situation for all books. But publishers still aren't allowing it. Requiring DRM is both a huge burden on the booksellers, but also on the end-user who wants to use their purchased property as they wish (within permitted uses, of course).

One issue people seem to gloss over is that purchasing an ebook doesn't give a consumer the right to make as many copies as they like, no more than purchasing a print book gives them the right to photocopy that book as many times as they like.

One of the things that is critical to us is having full syncing ability between devices. With that in place, there should be no need for three separate copies of a digital text.

Then again, that said, I'd love to hear dissenting opinions as to why I'm wrong on this. There may very well be a reason (or reasons) for having multiple copies that I'm not properly considering.
ereadingdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote