View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
ecbritz
Book Concocter
ecbritz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
How do I clean up WordPerfect-published HTML files?

I have just started learning to use Sigil and find myself in unknown territory. On the first pages of the Tutorials, I learned that HTML files published by MS Word must be filtered or cleaned up to remove unnecessary or undesirable HTLM tags. A special macro will prepare Word-published HTML files for Sigil, I'm told.

I use WordPerfect X6 (the latest version of WordPerfect), not MS Word. When I publish to HTML with WP X6, I have to choose between (i.e. check or uncheck) "Publish Comments", "Launch Browser" or "Plain HTML". When I choose (check) "Publish Comments", the HTML file published looks OK when opened with Sigil. When I choose (check) "Plain HTML", the file published does open in Sigil, but it seems to have lost much of its formatting.

How should I use Sigil in conjunction with WordPerfect X6? Is it necessary the filter or clean up WordPerfect-published HTML files? How should I do that? And is the "Publish Comments" option indeed the publish-to-HTML option I should use in WordPerfect X6?
ecbritz is offline   Reply With Quote