View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #1581
carryit
carryit
carryit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
the way i see it...

ippymiss:
your post seems a little vague for me... but its probably me... calibre is a library/book managment system for books that reside on you computer... calibre will also transfer books back and forth to an external device such as kindle if the device is supported by calibre.... (calibre also does hundreds of other things) anyway.... "KINDLE collections" ... is a PLUG-IN for the calibre program that allows you to either manually name collections of books already on your computer and transfer those collection NAMES to your kindle or import collection NAMES from your kindle to the books residing on your computer.....

if you are looking at the books residing on your device using the calibre program by klicking on the kindle icon you wont see them in collections.... you would have to look at the books in your calibre library on your pc by clicking on the books icon to see the collections on your computer.... or look at the collections on the device itself when you unplug it from your computer...

how i use the kindle collection program.... i move books back and forth from the library on my pc to the kindle... in the calibre library i manually put each book i add to the computer into a collection.... i have a column called collection that i use.... that column must be designated in the plug in interface so the plug in knows what information to use.... once i have put all my books into collections on my computer using calibre i then use the plug in to transfer the collection names into my kindle. i use several other parameters to leave certain collections alone on my kindle and other stuff but there is a good tutorial on how to use this the plug in on the first page of this blog thread.... have fun it works on kindles that support collections except the kindle touch.... calibre isnt the plug in and the plug in isnt calibre,,,, they are simply synergistic...