View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #41
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdb View Post
I am too. It's got worse with the latest firmware update, I'm sure. I can charge it up, turn it on and within 10 minutes it'll lose a bar on the power meter. Unless I power down completely after use the battery will drain down which it shouldn't do - as I understand it E-ink doesn't use any power unless the screen changes, so why it drains down so quickly when there is no usage is a mystery.

The battery life of the device is the biggest let down, as far as I'm concerned.
I don't get any other major problems or crashes although it does sometimes drop out of a book to the menu.
The "mystery battery hog" must be the digitizer. I have the same problem on my Irex DR800 (which has a WACOM digitizer), if I turn the screen off and don't use it for a while the battery will still be empty after about 5 days.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote