View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
Aptosreader
Aptosreader began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Internal memory problem with Pocket Pro

Hello:

This is my first time posting on this Forum, it's been a great resource since I got my PP (a month ago). There is an issue that I've been going back and forth with email tech support without much success, I thought I'd see if anyone here had any ideas.

First, I'm on a Mac so I know I'm in the minority here but maybe there are others. Things were fine until I upgraded the firmware to the latest posted in March. After that when I plugged in the PP to the USB port, the Mac didn't recognize the device and asked me if I wanted to format it. I did, and since then I can't see anything loaded in the internal memory. I formatted it as FAT (I assume 32) and even gave it a master boot block (suggestion from another thread). The weird thing is, I can see the PP on the desktop. Calibre recognizes the PP and I can load books on to the internal memory, I see the books in the PP folder on my desktop, but after I disconnect the PP, there is nothing in the internal memory (just the recent files folder). I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions, installed it and it will not recognize the PP. All this is done without an SD card (My SD card works fine and I can load/read without problems).

During the troubleshooting process, I reformatted the PP several times (even tried it in Windows xp) and reverted back to the December firmware, all without success.

Thanks for listening to my sob story,

Thoughts anyone?
Aptosreader is offline   Reply With Quote