View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Nrapallo,
I am not sure if proxy setting is relevant to the concerned issue. I think even if proxy not enabled for JVM, as long as Tao's JVM has http connection related implementation, it should be do-able to modify Mobipocket Reader to download target hyperlink and open it as normal local .prc files. A simple java program can verify if http connection available for Tao's JVM.
Well, in that case, I hope the java based Mobipocket Reader has the relevant code to do that internally or else this internet connectivity could be another hack to implement (write and repack within one of those classes). I know, baby steps at first, then we'll get to the real "meat and potatoes" eventually!

Quote:
The hard part is to add proper code to Mobipocket Reader. It's so hard to read the scrambled source code.
What would you recommend (or anyone else for that matter) to repack a modified class within that mobipocket.jar? I guess you could do it ONCE, and then just post patches to get the user's copy "transformed" into your copy (using Obelisk perhaps) OR have the user set up the relevant java development environment and recompile their own copy...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote