View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #107
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
No, I never said it would be too difficult. I said that's why they're not selling to Kindle 2 or the DX in Europe. You guys will have to wait for special hardware (or some universal Kindle 3 in the future).
It's actually not hard at all from an engineering perspective. I think it's the business perspective that's at play here. They need a good enough catalog to launch (ebook rights aren't always international) and they have to have a way of providing the 3G service. The easy way to do that is let people buy their own sims and pay for their bandwidth. That may or may not be very attractive to people. If they want the same level of service we get with Whispernet (no monthly plans and no charges at all except personal documents) then that will take partnerships.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote