View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #106
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
Everyone keeps talking about how great this will be for students and business applications.

I want to buy this because it be great for musicians who can convert all their music to PDF (or buy it that way -- usually non-drm'ed) and will be so much easier to use than hard copy music (with the possible exception of on-the-fly mark-ups). As a pianist, it would be easier to press "next page" than trying to flip the page and trying to get it to lay flat on the fly. Although having to go backwards for codas sounds suboptimal if you actually have to rotate it.

Still, the larger size opens up a lot of possibilities for other uses for musicians, craft persons (knitters ??) etc. Now to sell my Kindle 2...

I do wish Sony would get on the stick and announce a larger format -- this is really going to put Sony behind the 8-ball and could quickly cause them to lose market share making Kindle the defacto standard. (sorry -- most people don't care about drm because it hasn't bitten them in the butt yet -- just like most people don't care about Microsoft and their draconian EULAs).
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote