View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 04:23 AM   #3
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by slkissinger View Post
with KoReader on Pocketbook, you can have inverted screen (white font, dark background).

Warmth and lowest level frontlight; naturally this is all opinion; but if you generally read using white-on-dark; then it's less important, imo. At that point, I think the next thing that can be mildly disconcerting (at least for me) the full page refresh (if that's the right term); where , at least for me, occasionally the full page has to refresh, which briefly flashes brightly, then back to white-on-dark. Maybe it's my own settings, which honestly, I haven't pursued too deeply to configure better...neither in KoReader nor on the Kobo with the inverted screen choice selected.

I know that doesn't answer your question about frontlight/warm light. But honestly since I switched to primarily using white-on-dark, I don't pay too much attention to my warmth light or frontlight brightness settings, to adjust that interactively.
Thanks for the answer about KOReader. I may give it a try on my Glo HD.

For the frontlight brightness level, it is important for me. I mostly ready in the dark, brightness at 1% and inverted screen (dark background, white text). My wife is super painful sensitive about it. She says she can't sleep when brightness is too high while I read.

So that's why I asked about it.

About screen refresh, I am usually fine with the flash once every 6 pages, when I started, back to the Bookeen time, the flash was at every page, otherwise you had ghosting.

Thanks!
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote