View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #11
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Sony PRS is good if you scan/create your own documents,or if you're happy with some great older works that are copyright free (Belong to public domain).

Otherwise the sony library sells a little less books than Amazon,for a little more $$

I still don't think more than $10 for an ebook is justified.
I mean, a lot of printing cost, and paper cost of a 15-25$ book can be eliminated.
download costs are comparable to a company's internal shipping and handling costs.
A bookstore all of a sudden can run on 30-50% less personnel too!
While I would vote for the Kindle if inexpensive new releases are important, one tic I'd put in the Sony column is library (public, not Sony Connect library) books. If I'm not mistaken the latest firmware on the 505 (not the 500) supports the DRM-ed PDF used by public libraries. On my local public library's Overdrive Ebook service, there are a lot more titles in DRM-ed PDF than in Mobipocket and it seems many new books are being added only as PDF. I wonder if that's because .mobi DRM has been cracked. Still, I don't find many of the current titles I want available through my library, so I'm glad I have my Kindle. I buy a lot more than I borrow.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote