View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #9
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Sony PRS is good if you scan/create your own documents,or if you're happy with some great older works that are copyright free (Belong to public domain).

Otherwise the sony library sells a little less books than Amazon,for a little more $$

I still don't think more than $10 for an ebook is justified.
I mean, a lot of printing cost, and paper cost of a 15-25$ book can be eliminated.
download costs are comparable to a company's internal shipping and handling costs.
A bookstore all of a sudden can run on 30-50% less personnel too!
sorry little off topic,

i agree wholeheartedly with this, we all aught to get to gether and lobby the book sellers to reduce the costs,

im in the uk and waterstones (sonys partner with the prs-505) is very expensive for instance

brisngr - chris paolini is
£13.59 for the ebook
£8.49 for the hardback

which is rediculous, however they do have cheaper ebooks, none of which are cheaper than the usual paperback.

im in the middle of deciding on my own reader, i would get myself a kindle if i was in the US.
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote