View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 01:35 AM   #429
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
To me, it seems like that list of tags/genres mixes higher level genres (which I call primary) with lower level genres (which I call secondary, because they are not really hierarchic children of the primary).

In my own genre scheme, these are primary: science fiction, fantasy (not urban), urban fantasy, paranormal, horror. Some people consider all of those speculative fiction, but that is such a broad category that I don't find it useful.

Magic, for example, can apply to any of the primary genres I mentioned (except arguably science fiction), which is why I consider magic secondary.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote