View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #111
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Oh, I know. I never used to abandon books, but I have started doing so. Life's too short!
Hear, hear. Something I have started to do more often now - I've finally abandoned the view that if an author has to gone to this much trouble to write a book, I should give them the courtesy of trying to read it all. Now I just say "rubbish", toss it, and move on. A recent example was 15 Seconds byAndrew Gross. Apallingly written attempt to simulate teen-speak (at least I think that's what he was doing) and I couldn't get much past the first few pages.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote