View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #357
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks for the info Kovid.

At the time I wrote this plugin it was more about getting it working as quickly as possible - which meant copying how calibre approached presenting the user with a font choice. I didn't want to go through my own pain curve of hitting issues that you presumably had solved over the years with calibre.

It is also a tradeoff. I am not a huge fan of popups off popups, which is what you get by having a font dialog window launched from a plugin window. And in this plugin where you have the preview of the cover image displayed it is more convenient (I think) to quickly stab the spin up/down boxes to make some text fit to your liking than repeatedly open and close font dialogs.

So given it has never crashed for me and I have a teeny fraction of the userbase that you have to support for the slim chance of it crashing for someone else using this plugin I can live with it as is for now and have a weekend off development instead
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote