View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #353
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Kovid - interesting. It seems you have generally moved away from using using dropdowns of font names now? And instead using font dialogs either QFontDialog or your FontFamilyChooser.

Is this for any particular reason other than it fit your required functionality better? As in does it solve issues with crashes or provide a different set of fonts or whatever? If I can get away with the more minimal change to this plugin at this point (preserving the dialogs, and just "fixing" the FontFamilyModel class which I did for the attached version above) then it is less work, but if there are other reasons why I should instead switch to using the new dialogs... I can understand for doing conversions it is handy to see that if overriding a font for embedding it is useful to see all the variations like you do now, but that isn't quite necessary in the Generate Cover plugin.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote