View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
wgrimm
Addict
wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wgrimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect View Post
When converting PDFs to MobiPocket for my Cybook I have so far used MobiPocket Creator and Adobe Acrobat v6.

I think that the best result is archived if I export the PDF to HTML from Acrobat and then convert the HTML file to .prc using MopiPocket Creator, instead of converting directly from PDF to .prc in MobiPocket creator.
I have tried a great many software packages for PDF conversion. I own the latest Adobe Acrobat, and it is one of my least favorites for this task. DocUnPDF works very well (Mac and Win versions available, $60 or so) and will output in many formats including html and lrf. The company's reps are pretty nice, and will work with customers- for example, issuing license codes for 2 installations of the software when you buy it, so you can have one install at home and one at work.

My other favorite is Gemini, by Iceni, a British software company. Its output from pdf to html is the best I have seen, but you do pay a price- $159 when I bought it. It's absolutely top-of-the-line.

Gemini and UnPDF are the only 2 softwares out there I would recommend for this task.
wgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote