View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 04:16 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I seem to remember it being stated that the behavior of ignoring case in the Edit Metadata dialogs for Author was because when case was ignored it became very difficult to correct any entries if you ever got the author entered wrong earlier as it would auto-change any new entries to the previous (incorrect) values.

Having said that I would be more than happy for author case to be ignored in the Edit Metadata dialogs as long as it was not ignored in the Manage Authors feature (as I could correct earlier mistakes there). I use the Edit Metadata dialogs far more frequently and the gains in efficiency there would more than offset the need to switch to a different dialog to correct errors in the case of the Author.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote