View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymiang View Post
Hi,

I have some ebooks from www.ebooks.com and I have been reading them using Adobe Digital Edition (ADE) on a PC. I recently received a couple of Amazon kindle ebooks and I am thinking of getting a Kindle to read all my ebooks... but I realise that Kindle does not read the ADE ebooks.

Are there ereaders that can read both Amazon Kindle ebooks and ADE ebooks?? Thanks.

Jim
Yes, there are plenty.
One might not call them "ereaders" though, as they are "way much more".
Lots of tablets, be it iPad or Galaxy Tab or Streak, can install lots of reader apps in parallel. The Kindle app is available on more or less all platforms imaginable. And ePUB, as the quasi-standard for eBooks, is widely supported as well.

On Android tablets like Streak or Galaxy Tab, you can install the "txtr" app for DRMed ePUBs and PDFs (ADE). For DRM-free ePUBs or PDFs there are tons of options.
On iPad, you can use DRM-free ePUBs and PDFs in Apple's iBooks app.

And the Kindle app works flawlessly on all of these. And it even synchronizes between the various readers: You can start a book on your PC, continue on iPhone and finish on Kindle for example.

On dedicated ePaper units like Sony, Amazon, B&N, iRex, PocketBook, .... usually you have to decide for a single DRMed format. Amazon won't allow other formats (with the exception of DRM-free PDFs) on their Kindles.
Same for the others: If a reader can do DRMed ePUBs, it won't handle any other DRMed format.

You can strip your eBooks from DRM of course. Then you can convert to the format of choice.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote