View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Question Print from Sigil? Or viable alternative?

Hi, guys:

Back again. You may all remember from my various and sundry posts that I have non-techie authors. I need to provide a 'galley' for my authors from which they may "proof" the final ebook product.

I've tried converting my epubs (from Sigil) to pdf's in Calibre, and that experiment has not gone well; the resulting output is untenable. I have NOT tried every single output profile, but the Kindle output profile is very unappealing and would result in nine billion printed pages for my authors. it's also just a wee bit buggy, for example, it produces two cover pages, for no discernible reason (I don't have two cover images, only one, and have not uploaded a second image via Calibre); this seems to happen no matter what epub I use. Anyway, that's not really the issue.

I've considered unzipping the final epub and sending the html file--if that would even work--but I'm not sure how the raw html would look to them, either, and printing from html isn't all that great.

I've not been able to find any way to "print" the final product from Sigil, other than doing it in a one-chapter-at-a-time pdf, which makes me slightly unhappy.

@Valloric, is there a function I'm missing here? Something I've overlooked? Someone else posted about a printing function in the MacOS Version, but I'm in XP 32-bit and mine only prints that which has been selected, e.g., ctrl-a in each chapter. Nothing pops up when I search the forum that is useful.

My gang won't use desktop readers. Suggestions, anyone?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote