Thread: What a regex is
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I am familiar with regex, but not an expert. As a result I find tools like the JGSoft RegExBuddy and RegexMagic to be of great use and have been using them for many years. I do not know know if there are free equvalent to these tools around? For me the expenditure on them has more than repaid the investment.

I must admit a Calibre facility like the Save Search one recently added where one could save regex expressions and give them a name would be very useful. However with regex used in so many places throughout Calibre enabling them all to use saved and named regex expressions is likely to be a non-trivial task.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote