View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #42
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
PS -- here is "21-better" compared to "21-BetterWithBlur". Adds a Gaussian blur of lowest possible setting of .5, which does improve it even a bit more, but increases the file size by 1/3. From 297kb to 399kb.
Personally, I find the blur worse that the remaning aliasing (which could, maybe, be avoided by scaling in even more steps).

By the way, I didn't mention it, but you could also try different resampling methods when scaling. I believe I used one called "Sinc (lanczos3)" in Gimp, which may work better in some cases, but brings its own artifacts.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote